Sunday 11 October 2009

Inauguration part II - over there - alternative ending

I still think I can be forgiven for having initially thought that Josh and Donna were finally getting together in this episode... Ha! Three more series to go... No wonder I started whizzing through my DVDs at breakneck speed at this point.

Brad and Janel, I've said it before and I'll say it again, at least a thousand times - you are amazing. I love you!!!

Anyway, I wanted to prolong the getting-together-ness of this ep, so here goes.

Josh still has that adoring, you-look-amazing look in his eyes throughout this scene and Donna is not even trying to hide how much she is enjoying that... and how much she loves him too.


JOSH: (leaning in to whisper to Donna) I know this is a work night now...
DONNA: (wistfully) Yeah.
JOSH: But just one dance?
DONNA: (smiling radiantly) Okay. But just one.
JOSH: I think any more and we may be in trouble...
DONNA: Yeah. We need to get to work.
JOSH: That’s not what I meant.
DONNA: Okay.

He interlocks her fingers with his. They start dancing.

DONNA: (into his ear) Josh, I –
JOSH: (gently) Shhhh. Not now. Let’s just enjoy this moment.

She leans into him, head on his shoulder, and he wrap his arms around her as they continue to slow dance. We see tenderness in Josh’s eyes. They look to all intents and purposes like a couple very much in love.

Fade out/pan out...

1 comment: