Friday 28 August 2009

Series 2, post ep 10 - Noel - cut scene

Josh and Donna are in ER, waiting to see a doctor. He is sitting with his head on her shoulder and she has her arm around him. After all, he is injured, and it is Christmas, so we can allow them a bit of intimacy.

The (youngish, female) Doctor calls Josh in.

DOCTOR: Mr Lyman?
JOSH: (reluctantly sitting up) Yeah.
DOCTOR: Ready to see you now.
JOSH: Okay.
DONNA: (to Josh) She’s an attractive woman. (pauses so there's a chance Josh will think her two sentences are unrelated.) You sure you don’t want me to come with you?
JOSH: (smiles) It’s okay. I know how you feel squeamish at the sight of needles.
DONNA: I think you may be getting me confused with you.
JOSH: Oh, yeah. Easily done, you gotta admit.
DONNA: (unconvinced.) Yeah. It’s the sensitive alabaster skin... So similar, you and I.

Josh disappears with the doctor and Donna get her diary out and starts scribbling. (Best read alongside http://donnamoss.blogspot.com/2009/08/noel.html)

Josh comes back a while later.

JOSH: (tenderly) Hey.
DONNA: She put you back together?
JOSH: Yeah. (waves his newly-bandaged hand) Almost no stitches. Definitely no fainting at the sight of needles. (sees her starting to putting away her diary) Hey, what you writing?
DONNA: Nothing.
JOSH: Well, that’s clearly not true. What is it?
DONNA: Haven’t I warned you before about being too nosy for your own good?
JOSH: I didn’t get where I am without a healthy inquisitiveness.
DONNA: (exasperated) Josh...

Josh reaches down and snatches it. Because of his injured hand it’s difficult for Donna to fight him.

DONNA: (slightly desperately) Josh... I’m warning you.
JOSH: (smiles smugly, aware of the importance of his discovery) This is your diary.
DONNA: Yes.
JOSH: Can I read it?
DONNA: What do you think my answer to that is going to be?
JOSH: Well, that all depends if you are hiding things from me. You wouldn’t hide things from me, right?
DONNA: Of course not. Nothing it was in your interests to know anyway.
JOSH: So I can read it?
DONNA: (flatly) No.
JOSH: Because?
DONNA: A woman’s journal is... (attempts to snatch it back, and there is a healthily flirtatious amount of physical contact. It falls open onto the floor, onto the current page. We see things she has written in big letters - I LOVE HIM, and WHY WAS I NOT THERE?)
JOSH: Donna?
DONNA: (bends down, closes it, picks it up off the floor, refusing to allow herself to look flustered) I have distinctive penmanship, remember. It’s quite possible that what you saw was not what you think you saw.
JOSH: Oh, Donna. (She is now standing up, and he looks at her intensely.) Me too, you know. (she looks at him, questioningly.) I mean it. Me too.

Time stands still. They look deep into each other’s eyes. It’s the perfect opportunity for a kiss. But we have to wait till series 7 for that!

JOSH: Six years is...
DONNA: (interrupting, takes his arm) Come on. We’ll never get you home to your parents’ at this rate.


They walk off into the sunset – erm, sorry, the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment